Buy a Gift Voucher
Gift this class
The Mindful Athlete helps you understand how to harness your attention to help you train and perform to your potential. Mindfulness is a skill that can be developed through regular practice. It’s like building a mental muscle. Knowledge and practical skills covered include:
- Mindful awareness: How to notice & accept a variety of thoughts, feelings & physical sensations without distracting you from your performance focus
- Prioritising attention: the ability to self-regulate attention to the task at hand (performance)
- Mindful Meditation: how to use meditation (and non-meditative practices) as a means of mindfulness practice.
Facilitated by Sport & Performance Psychologist Michael Inglis, who has a unique blend of evidence-based knowledge and applied experience working with individual athletes (e.g., cycling, athletics, gymnastics) and teams (e.g., AFL North Melbourne Kangaroos; Holden Cycling team; Melbourne Rebels). This program empowers any performer - athlete, coach, teams - to fulfil their performance potential.
- Peak performance: How to perform at your peak more often
- Mindful performance: How to maintain concentration to match the demands of your performance
- Resilience: How to cope with negative thoughts, emotions & physical stress
- Worksheets & audio links summarising key ideas
- Practical exercises that can applied for both team and individual preparation
Coaches, athletes, teams or any one interested in improved sporting performance
Our refund policy is pretty simple - if you can't attend, then send a friend.
Alternatively, if you notify us in writing at email@example.com, at least 14 days prior to the start of a class then we will arrange a refund (less any admin fees we have already incurred, up to max. 20%) or transfer your booking to another date.